Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Computer Geeks, Help!

I'm having a very vulnerable moment. I always hate to show off my ignorance. Can anyone tell me how to fix the comment thingy on my sidebar? I want the last ten comments with the most recent one first. I need HTML code. Here's what I have:

MainPage
h2 class="sidebar-title">Recent Comments /h2
ul
Blogger
BlogItemCommentsEnabled
BlogItemComments
li><$BlogCommentAuthor$
a href="<$BlogCommentPermalinkURL$>"
$BlogCommentDateTime$> /a /li
/BlogItemComments
/BlogItemCommentsEnabled
/Blogger
/ul
/MainPage

Yeah. Just doesn't do it for me. Help!

6 Comments:

At 5/24/07, 8:28 AM, Blogger Brian Duffin said...

Try this link to add a most recent comment widet to your blog: http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com/2007/03/recent-comments.html

 
At 5/24/07, 9:38 AM, Blogger Bored in Vernal said...

Well, my blog doesn't have that little widget adder thingy. I have to put the code in the template myself. I like it better that way because I can change things the way I want to---if I can figure out what I'm doing!

I did put it on my poetry blog & got it working...

 
At 5/24/07, 11:47 AM, Blogger JohnR said...

BiV, if you want to send me the raw code (pref. as an HTML attachment) I'd be happy to look at it. I may not be able to do much before Saturday, though.

 
At 5/24/07, 5:16 PM, Blogger Bored in Vernal said...

thanks, John!

 
At 6/4/07, 12:24 AM, Blogger Janell said...

Were you and jonr able to solve the problem?

 
At 6/4/07, 6:53 PM, Blogger Bored in Vernal said...

oh, janell, it's not fixed yet. I'd love to be able to show the comments with the most recent one showing first. And only show the last 5 or 10 and not the whole month's worth! Is it possible?
Oh, and how do you show your tags on the sidebar?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home